With the Lifetime 1479 Portable Basketball System, you can take your basketball game anywhere you want. This basketball system is perfect for family get-togethers and other friendly completions. You can now take your basketball game to the driveway, courtyard or cul-de-sac.
The Lifetime 1479 Portable Basketball System includes a roller base that allows for easy and efficient, instant relocation. The portable base can be jam-packed with sand or water to provide needed steadiness. Sand provides more rigor and is very suitable if you want your system to weather higher winds, aggressive play, and leaking. Water is a lot easier to use as far as filling, relocating, and draining the base.
The Lifetime 1479 Portable Basketball System has been tested and proven to withstand up to 40 mph winds when filled with water. The Lifetime 1479 Portable Basketball System goal includes a shatterproof backboard constructed of Makrolon polycarbonate, which has demonstrated to be virtually indestructible and much tougher than acrylic. However, the bounce from shots off the backboard is a little flimsier than we would like. The pole structure is made of powder-coated steel to making it rust resistant.
The Quick Adjust II Height Adjustment Feature can be changed from 8-10 ft! And, the Slam-It Rim features unbeatable spring-back action. Just set your goal height, roll and go with this super-tough and ultra-convenient Lifetime 1479 Portable Basketball System.
Key features with this hoop
- Portable Courtside 31 (gal). (117 liters) Roller base
- 46.75 (in). (1 m) x 30 in. (76 cm) footprint dimensions
- 48 (in). (1 m) x 30 in. (76 cm) x 2 in. (5 cm) blow-molded backboard, with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic frame w/frame pad and clear playing surface
- 0.09 (in). (2.5mm) Makrolon® polycarbonate w/fade-resistant graphics playing surface
- Black 18 (in). (45.7 cm) Slam-It® rim of 5/8 in. (1.5 cm) solid steel with 1/2 in. (1 cm) steel braces and double-compression springs, 2.5 oz. (70g) all-weather net
- Quick Adjust® II allows you to adjust the backboard from 8 to10 ft (2 m to 3 m) with the aid of a broomstick
- 3 (pc). Black 3 in. (7.6 cm) round powder-coated steel pole
- 79 (lbs). (35.834 kg) is the weight of the System
- 5 (yr). Limited Factory Warranty
The basketball goal is a great product, once it is put together. It is sturdy and looks fantastic and is hard to beat for the price
The Height Adjustment Feature makes it easy for children to use
The hardest part to put together is the height adjusting mechanism which takes some care.