For serious players who have advanced skills there are a handful of good hoop options to choose from. The Spalding Beast comes to mind for anyone looking for an elite quality portable hoop. On the flip side, if you are in the market for the best in ground hoop money can buy then look no further than the Spalding Arena View In Ground Basketball Hoop. Spalding spared no expense when it comes to the features and quality contained in this hoop. We want to talk about some of these features and things you should consider that will help you determine whether this is the right basketball hoop for your home.
Let’s take a minute to discuss the features of this Spalding Arena View System. One thing we love about the Arena View is that Spalding gives you the option to select between a 60″ glass backboard and a larger 72″ option. This will especially come in handy for those players who may not need or be able to afford the larger backboard but do not want to sacrifice hoop performance. The four foot offset also helps to keep players from slamming into the support pole and allows for play to continue under the hoop.
Other Key Features with this Hoop Include:
- U-Turn Pro system provides infinite height adjustment from 7′ to 10′ making this a great choice for young players developing their game as well as adults who want to jam like the pros.
- One Piece, 8″ Square steel pole allows for maximum stability. Ground tube anchor kit with hinging base plate allows for easy assembly
- The padding under the glass backboard and support pole is of exceptional quality so that players are less likely to be injured during play.
- Factory breakaway rim is professional quality and can take the abuse of almost any jam.
Because the hoop is so massive and is designed with stability in mind you will find that the vibrations are minimal from even the deepest threes. The Z-arms that support the backboard are also a nice touch as it works to enhance the overall stability of the Spalding Arena View Basketball Hoop by evenly distributing the steel reinforcement.
- Seriously, this is the ultimate in ground basketball hoop for home recreational and competition use
- The vibrations from shots on this unit are virtually no-existent
- This is due primarily to the Z-arm design
- The rim is professional gym quality
- Has a 60″ and 72″ backboard option
- One word: price. This thing has it all and you will pay a pretty penny if you choose this hoop for your home court.
- Assembling this beast will take some extra assistance or the help of a professional.
Best Outdoor Basketball Rating
Spalding Arena View Hoop: (4.8 / 5)